- These terms do not affect other rights that you may have by law.
- Until we have accepted your purchase there will be no obligations on either side.
- Sale of all merchandise seen on the site is contingent to availability. If an item is not found in stock, the customer will be informed.
- Items that cannot be provided to the customer will not be charged to him or her.
- By accepting these Terms you state that you understand that they substitute all previous verbal or written agreements and/or statements concerning the merchandise and services.
- Any agreement with our sales persons, agents or representatives is not binding as they do not have the authority to alter, add or waive any of these Terms. Any alteration or addition will not hold us liable unless we agree to them in writing.
- By accepting these Terms you state that all information and details provided by you, including contact and payment details, are be up-to-date and correct.
Description of Services and Merchandise
- The description of the merchandise can be found on the Site. We do our best effort to ensure that the goods that are supplied to you are identical to those on the Site, although there may be minor variations to the description and/or specification of the goods due to the changes made by the manufacturers.
- Pictures and photographs of the goods on the site are for illustrative purposes only, and may not exactly match the goods.
- During the ordering process you must provide us with your prescription. This prescription must be provided to you by a registered medical practitioner or registered ophthalmic optician after an eye-sight test within the last 2 years. The prescription provided to us by you will be the prescription we will submit to the lens of the spectacles. If you are unsure of your specific prescription, please consult a registered medical practitioner or registered ophthalmic optician.
- Unless you specify an appropriate PD (Pupillary Distance), we will use an average PD to complete your order. The average PD has been provided to us by qualified opticians. By agreeing to these term and conditions, you the Customer will be agreeing to let us use an average PD of 63mm for bifocal and single vision distance lenses, or a PD of 60mm for single vision reading lenses. We strongly recommend that you consult your optician to acquire your PD in order to provide us with that number.
- The Customer must be over the age of 18 and entitled to purchase prescription glasses, and must not be ordering on behalf of someone under the age of 18.
- The Customer must not be registered as blind, or partially sighted.
- We will not be held liable for any incorrect information given be the Customer.
- The items will be delivered to the specified delivery address provided by you on the order form only after payment has been received.
- The items will be delivered as fast as possible, though minor delays or set-backs may occur. The shipping date and time specified by us is only an estimate and is not guaranteed.
- If for any reason at all (not due to the Company's fault) you do not accept delivery of any of the goods in accordance with this paragraph then we may charge you an additional fee to cover any reasonable additional direct costs incurred by us as a result (including additional insurance, delivery, storage or similar charges).
- We will not be held responsible for any delay caused by our suppliers.
Inspection of Goods
- Every item will include confirmation of the prescription. If the prescription does not match the ordered prescription please contact us, and refrain from using the goods.
- Once the goods have been received by the Customer any damage incurred is the responsibility of the Customer.
- The Custom
- Upon delivery the Customer is encouraged to inspect the goods carefully. If the goods are damaged or missing, please contact us, and refrain from using the goods.
- er will be liable for any loss or damage inflicted on the merchandise from the time of the delivery unless such loss or damage is caused by our negligence.
- The Company will not pay the Customer's cost for any return of goods.
Price and Payment
- The price stated on the Site includes any VAT payable.
- Prices mentioned on the site do not include delivery.
- The Customer will pay the specified price upon placing the order.
- Payment using the following Credit Cards is accepted Visa / MasterCard / American Express/Discover.
- Credit Card payments are subject to authorization by the Credit Card issuer. If authorization is declined, we will not be held liable for non-delivery of any ordered goods.
Resale of the Goods
- The goods are sold on the condition that they are not resold to the public.
Recording of Telephone calls
- Phone calls to the Company may be recorded for future use.
Return of Goods
- Proopticals will not accept any of the goods if they sustained damage whilst in the possession of the Customer. As a result, no refund or alternative item will be provided to the Customer.
Liability and Warranty
- We will not be liable for any damage caused to the goods by the customer once they have been delivered.
- We will not be liable for any damage or loss that may be caused by the use of the goods purchased from our Site.
- All information and material provided by this Site are provided on a given basis with no guarantee. We do not guarantee that the information is complete nor accurate nor current and updated.
- Under no circumstances will the Company or its employees, agents or subcontractors be liable to you the Customer for any business interruption, loss of use, loss of data, loss of profits, contracts, goodwill or anticipated savings.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or any breach of the statutory implied terms as to title of goods or for fraud or any other liability which by law we are not permitted to limit or exclude.
- Our maximum liability (and that of our employees, agents or subcontractors) to you in connection with any physical damage caused to your property through the negligence of us (or our employees, agents and subcontractors) will not in any circumstances exceed $5,000.
- In all other cases, our total liability (including our employees, agents and subcontractors) whether in contract, tort (including negligence) and breach of statutory duty or otherwise will not exceed the price of the goods and services to which the claim relates.
Transfer of Contract
- This contract is personal to you. You may not transfer the contract to any other person.
- We may transfer, assign or subcontract the contract or part of the contract to any third person or company.